EVPN VXLAN: The Next Generation of Network Virtualization
Affordable, Scalable, and Versatile Solution
VXLAN (Virtual Extensible LAN) has become mainstream for network virtualization. EVPN (Ethernet Virtual Private Networks) VXLAN – using BGP as the control plane – is becoming the preferred way to virtualize data center networks without dedicated controllers. Controllers have their uses, but they are typically proprietary and come with additional CapEx and OpEx. Below are the top 3 considerations for choosing a high performance, controllerless, virtualized network solution:
- Design a virtualized network based on your needs instead of vendor limitations. Don’t compromise on VXLAN functionality
- Anticipate the growth of your data center and use components that will scale with you
- Don’t pay extra license fees for the basic features you need
With Mellanox Open Ethernet switches you get functionality and scalability without the licensing fees other vendors charge.
What is EVPN? Learn More!
Want to try it out?
Fast, Reliable, Efficient
Webinar: Cloud Scale Networking with Cumulus
Learn how to build cloud scale and multi-tenant data center networks. Watch this webinar with Cumulus Networks
Want to Hear More?
This brief podcast with Packet Pushers goes over the key elements of the EVPN VXLAN solution based on Mellanox Spectrum switches running Cumulus Linux. The podcast covers:
- The emergence of EVPN VXLAN fabrics
- How Open Ethernet makes EVPN affordable
- Fabric Performance & Scale considerations