SUNNYVALE, CA. and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – June 27, 2011 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that the company continued its command as the leading global interconnect provider for the TOP500 list of supercomputers. As reported in the June 2011 TOP500 list, InfiniBand-connected systems grew at a CAGR of 20 percent from 2008-2011, connecting and delivering leading performance and efficiency to 206 supercomputers. Mellanox’s scalable interconnect solutions accelerate all five of the InfiniBand-based Petascale systems on the TOP10 and deliver the best power-efficient Petascale system: 2X better versus the combined Petascale systems average. The advanced offloads and accelerations within Mellanox InfiniBand products enable the most performance efficient system on the TOP500 list, with 96.3 percent system and CPU efficiency.
From June 2010 to June 2011, the total number of InfiniBand-connected CPU cores on the TOP500 list grew 34 percent and the amount of InfiniBand-based system performance grew 44 percent. This growth highlights the surging demand for InfiniBand as a way to maximize computing resources, productivity and scalable performance in the world’s fastest computer systems.
Mellanox ConnectX® InfiniBand adapters and switch systems optimize I/O performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers, representing 50 percent of the PetaScale systems and 50 percent of the TOP10 (five systems). InfiniBand connects the majority of the TOP100 with 61 percent (61 systems), the TOP200 with 58 percent (115 systems), the TOP300 with 49 percent (147 systems), and connects more systems in the TOP400 (177 systems) versus Ethernet or any other technology. Mellanox end-to-end 40Gb/s InfiniBand solutions deliver the leading performance and utilization and provide users with the best return on investment for their high-performance computing server and storage infrastructure computing requirements.
“Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions continue to demonstrate leading performance, efficiency, scalability and reliability for the world’s fastest supercomputer systems,” said Eyal Waldman, president, chairman and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “With over half of the world’s Petaflop systems, as well as the top three most efficient systems on the list, Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand solutions provide the best return-on-investment with leading system efficiency without sacrificing performance.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the June 2011 TOP500 list include:
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, up to 96.3 percent system utilization, and connects the top three and eight out of the top ten most efficient systems.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP100, TOP200, TOP300 and TOP400: 61 percent of the TOP100, 58 percent of the TOP200, 49 percent of the TOP300 and 42 percent of the TOP400.
- InfiniBand connects half of the world’s most powerful Petaflop systems on the list.
- InfiniBand connects 7X times the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP500 systems and 3X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP100 systems.
- 16 new TOP100 InfiniBand systems were introduced during 2011 while no new Ethernet connected system reached the TOP100. Ranked #124, Mellanox 10GbE adapters provide the highest ranking performance amongst the 10GbE systems on the list.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 82 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end 40Gb/s InfiniBand scalable HPC solution accelerates 93 percent of the GPU-based systems
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect products present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications, from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial technical computing and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches and Adapter Cards
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software
- Learn more about Mellanox Copper and Fiber Cables
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter and Facebook
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox products optimize data center performance and deliver industry-leading bandwidth, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof architecture. The company offers innovative solutions that address a wide range of markets including HPC, enterprise, mega warehouse data centers, cloud computing, Internet and Web 2.0.
Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, CORE-Direct, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniScale, PhyX, Virtual Protocol Interconnect and Voltaire are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. FabricIT, MLNX-OS, and SwitchX are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.