ConnectX®-5 EN Single/Dual-Port Adapter ASIC Supporting 100GbE
The intelligent ConnectX-5 EN adapter IC, the newest addition to the Mellanox Smart Interconnect suite and supporting Co-Design and In-Network Compute, brings new acceleration engines for maximizing High Performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, Data Analytics and Storage platforms.
ConnectX-5 EN supports two ports of 100Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, sub-600 nanosecond latency, and very high message rate, plus embedded PCIe switch and NVMe over Fabric offloads, providing the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding applications and markets.
ConnectX-5 EN enables higher HPC performance with new Message Passing Interface (MPI) offloads, such as MPI Tag Matching and MPI AlltoAll operations, advanced dynamic routing, and new capabilities to perform various data algorithms.
Moreover, ConnectX-5 EN Accelerated Switching and Packet Processing (ASAP2 ™) technology enhances offloading of virtual switches and virtual routers, for example, Open V-Switch (OVS), which results in significantly higher data transfer performance without overloading the CPU. Together with native RoCE support, ConnectX-5 EN dramatically improves Cloud and NFV platform efficiency.
Similar to previous generations, ConnectX-5 EN supports the Mellanox Multi-Host™ technology. Multi-Host enables multiple hosts to be connected into a single interconnect adapter by separating the PCIe interface into multiple and separate interfaces. Each interface can be connected to a separate host with no performance degradation. Multi-Host technology offers four fully-independent PCIe buses, lowering total cost of ownership in the data center by reducing CAPEX requirements from four cables, NICs, and switch ports to only one of each, and by reducing OPEX by cutting down on switch port management and overall power usage.
*For illustration only. Actual product may vary.
- Industry-leading throughput, low latency, low CPU utilization and high message rate
- Innovative rack design for storage and Machine Learning based on Host Chaining technology
- Maximizes data center ROI with Multi-Host technology
- Smart interconnect for x86, Power, ARM, and GPU-based compute and storage platforms
- Advanced storage capabilities including NVMe over Fabric offloads
- Intelligent network adapter supporting flexible pipeline programmability
- Cutting-edge performance in virtualized networks including Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Enabler for efficient service chaining capabilities
- 100Gb/s Ethernet per port and all lower speeds
- Up to 200M messages/second
- Tag Matching and Rendezvous Offloads
- Adaptive Routing on Reliable Transport
- Burst Buffer Offloads for Background Checkpointing
- NVMe over Fabric (NVMf) Target Offloads
- Multi-Host technology — connectivity to up-to 4 independent hosts
- Back-End Switch Elimination by Host Chaining
- Embedded PCIe Switch
- Enhanced vSwitch / vRouter Offloads
- Flexible Pipeline
- RoCE for Overlay Networks
- PCIe Gen 4 Support
- Erasure Coding offload
- T10-DIF Signature Handover
- IBM CAPI v2 support
- Mellanox PeerDirect™ communication acceleration
- Hardware offloads for NVGRE and VXLAN encapsulated traffic
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
- ROHS2 R6