Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™
Scalable Solution for Data Center 100GbE Aggregation Switch System
The Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™ solution (VMS), comprised of Mellanox 10, 25, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet fixed switches, provides an ideal, optimized approach for a fixed switches aggregation - operating at ultra-low latencies, with lower costs and better energy efficiencies than traditional modular/chassis solutions.
VMS scales up to 410Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth in a simple 2-tier topology, providing a network fabric for up to 2K nonblocking 100G nodes, or 5.6K nonblocking 10G nodes, with even great numbers for oversubscribed topologies.
VMS saves on both CAPEX and OPEX. It is easy to deploy, manage, and maintain and provides a resilient solution with fast recovery from hardware failures.
When compared to competing offerings, VMS excels with higher flexibility, better scalability, and energy efficiency, while future-proofing the investment and reducing expenses, making it the perfect solution for your network.
VMS installation is fully automated by the VMS Wizard, an automation software that generates a connectivity plan from simple user input. After installation, it configures the fabric switches through Puppet™ manifests or CLI commands, and performs physical, layer 2, and layer 3 connectivity validations.
The VMS Wizard integrates an enhanced Puppet agent, which implements new configuration types, such as OSPF and layer 3 interfaces for scalable fabrics.
- Large building blocks lead to faster ROI and improved overall network performance
- Zero down-time
- Superior, predictable application performance
- Low cost, pay-as-you-grow solution. No extra equipment needs at the time of installation
- Energy efficiency — under 6.5 Watts per port operation
- Ease-of-use — managed by standard management tools and utilities with no proprietary technologies
- High Scalability
• Scales up to 5600 nonblocking 10GbE nodes• Scales up to 4096 nonblocking 25GbE nodes• Scales up to 2048 nonblocking 100GbE nodes
- High Availability
• Resilient to hardware failures• Maintains over 90% of bandwidth
- Standard solution
• Management by standard protocols and software tools
- Low Latency
• Under 3 microseconds maximal east-west latency for all traffic profiles and packet sizes
- Low Power Solution
• Typical power consumption under 20 Watts per 100GbE node
- Low cost