Mellanox Innova™-2 Flex Open Programmable SmartNIC
Advanced network adapter combining ConnectX-5 with on-board
Mellanox Innova-2 Flex Open Programmable SmartNIC is an advanced network adapter designed to accelerate a wide range of applications, including Security, Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Media & Entertainment, Cloud and more.
The Mellanox Innova-2 Flex adapter card includes a ConnectX-5 network controller, which natively offers industry-leading accelerations, such as hardware support for RDMA over Converged Ethernet, Ethernet stateless offload engines, Overlay Networks, or NVIDIA GPUDirect®. The addition of an on-board FPGA provides users with the maximum flexibility to offload the CPU and create custom-made accelerations by migrating portions of their data processing logic to the FPGA.
- Versatile adapter combining ability to accelerate computational tasks
- Leverages single PCIe slot for providing “look-aside” accelerations
- Suitable for FPGA as a service deployment
- Suitable for advanced security and compression accelerations
- Industry leading throughput and latency for data center applications
- Efficient I/O consolidation, lowering data center costs and complexity
- Open platform for easy development of user applications and deployment to the FPGA
- Power efficiency
- Dual-port 25Gb/s Ethernet or dual-port EDR InfiniBand / 100Gb/s Ethernet
- Complete Mellanox and Xilinx FPGA for “look-aside” accelerations
- Low latency RDMA and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)
- OVS and Erasure Coding offloads
- Mellanox PeerDirect® communication acceleration
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
- PCIe Gen 4.0 support
- RoHS compliant
Important Note: Mellanox highly recommends that you update the ConnectX-5 firmware on the card received from factory with the latest available FW. The firmware supplied on the factory card and in bundle 18.12 is not the latest firmware release. You should ensure that you are using compatible releases of FW, MLNX_OFED and MFT as described in the Release Notes.