Messaging Accelerator (VMA)
Dramatically improves performance of socket based applications
Mellanox Messaging Accelerator (VMA) boosts the performance of message-based and streaming applications across a wide range of industries. These include the Financial Service market's High-Frequency Trading (HFT) platforms, Web2.0 clusters, and more. For Media and Entertainment broadcasting and streaming (supporting SMPTE 2110-21) please refer to Mellanox Rivermax.
VMA is an Open Source library project that exposes standard socket APIs with kernel-bypass architecture, enabling user-space networking for Multicast, UDP unicast and TCP streaming. VMA also features ease of use out-of-the-box, with built in preconfigured profiles such as for latency or streaming.
Visit our VMA performance tuning guide for achieving maximum performance.
VMA Open Source is made available under a choice of two licenses: GPLv2 and BSD. The software can be downloaded for free from github at https://github.com/Mellanox/libvma/.
For purchasing support for VMA Open Source, please refer to email@example.com
- Supports Ethernet (1/10/25/40/50/100GbE) and InfiniBand (QDR/FDR/EDR) networks with Mellanox ConnectX® family of products
- Drastically improves application performance, without application code changes, using standard socket API
- Reduces application latency to sub-microsecond speeds
VMA v8.8.3 Release
VMA's binary RPMs are distributed as an integral part of the MLNX_OFED/MLNX_EN installation packages (install with '--vma' flag). VMA runs on top of both MLNX_OFED driver stack that supports Ethernet and InfiniBand and on a lighter driver stack, MLNX_EN that support only Ethernet.
- For the MLNX_EN latest versions click here.
- For the MLNX_OFED latest versions click here.
- For the ConnectX-3/ConnectX-3 Pro/ConnectX-4/ConnectX-4 Lx/ConnectX-5/ConnectX-5 Ex latest firmware versions click here.
- VMA sources visit github here.