Messaging Accelerator (VMA)
Dramatically improves performance of socket based applications
Mellanox Messaging Accelerator (VMA) boosts the performance of message-based and streaming applications across a wide range of industries. These include the Financial Service market's High-Frequency Trading (HFT) platforms, Web2.0 clusters, and more. For Media and Entertainment broadcasting and streaming (supporting SMPTE 2110-21) please refer to Mellanox Rivermax.
The result is a reduction in latency by as much as 500% and an increase in application throughput to line rates of 100GbE per port with very low CPU consumption.
VMA is an Open Source library project that exposes standard socket APIs with kernel-bypass architecture, enabling user-space networking for Multicast, UDP unicast and TCP streaming. VMA also features ease of use out-of-the-box, with built in preconfigured profiles such as for latency or streaming.
Visit our VMA performance tuning guide for achieving maximum performance.
VMA Open Source is made available under a choice of two licenses: GPLv2 and BSD. The software can be downloaded for free from github at https://github.com/Mellanox/libvma/.
For purchasing support for VMA Open Source, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supports Ethernet (1/10/25/40/50/100GbE) and InfiniBand (QDR/FDR/EDR) networks with Mellanox ConnectX® family of products
- Drastically improves application performance, without application code changes, using standard socket API
- Reduces application latency to sub-microsecond speeds
VMA v8.8.3 Release
VMA's binary RPMs are distributed as an integral part of the MLNX_OFED/MLNX_EN installation packages (install with '--vma' flag). VMA runs on top of both MLNX_OFED driver stack that supports Ethernet and InfiniBand and on a lighter driver stack, MLNX_EN that support only Ethernet.
- For the MLNX_EN latest versions click here.
- For the MLNX_OFED latest versions click here.
- For the ConnectX-3/ConnectX-3 Pro/ConnectX-4/ConnectX-4 Lx/ConnectX-5/ConnectX-5 Ex latest firmware versions click here.
- VMA sources visit github here.